Monday, December 17, 2012

Good Morning Sunshine

Hi All,

My heart and thoughts still go out to all those affected by the shooting. But life still goes on, and here is an update of my life today.

This morning I woke up ready to go to school. I have slept so much this weekend because of my cold, but as I crawled out of bed I felt incredibly sleepy. I fed my fish and was about to get dressed for school, but my bed looked so comfortable and thought to myself "I'll just lay down for five more minutes...."

Soon I was catching up with my friend Kendra and devouring block and block of blue cheese when all of a sudden a man came to serenade us with Garth Brooks songs.

Wait a minute. 

I hate Garth Brooks. 

I jolted out of sleep.  I felt as if I had been holding my breath under water and over dramatically flailed my arms around trying to get out of cocoon of sheets wrapped around my body. I couldn't remember where I was, and I thought that it was still 6am and that I had time to get to school.

I picked up my phone. It read 1pm.

Daaaaaamn. I slept for five more hours?!?

After beating myself up for being lazy and a terrible teacher I accepted it was too late,  I missed school. I then dozed for a few more minutes and then finally dragged myself out of bed and into the shower. I guess my body really needs sleep with this whole cold thing going on.

In reality, I didn't really miss anything. I don't teach on Monday's anyways. But in principle I need to not sleep in anymore.

....

After finally waking up, I threw in a load of laundry ( I need to pick that up dont let me forget) and went across the street for lunch. I found a new restaurant that serves chicken curry soup and had a lot of fun trying to gracefully slurp up homemade egg noodles with the thickest chopsticks I have ever seen in my life. I was unsuccessful and spilt curry all down the front of my shirt.

My new favorite game is to be very polite and meek when I order food and then half way through the meal start talking to the store owners. It's the same reaction every time. There hands go up in the air as if I had just told them they're on a hidden camera show, everyone starts laughing and then we start to chat.

The only problem is that I don't actually speak Thai. So after we reach five minutes into a conversation I've used up all my vocabulary which leads to stage two of the prank which actually isn't fun at all. The conversation turns pretty awkward where I tell them "Oh Haha! I can't speak Thai". They look at me confused like "What do you mean you don't speak Thai? Here, maybe if I talk to you faster you'll understand!" 

 At this point I just  nod and smile to everything they say. Today they asked me "What grades do you teach?" to which I responded "Yes!" and then ate a big bite of noodles before I registered what they had just asked.

Okay, so the prank needs some work. But it's still exciting!

I've got to go get that laundry and then really start to work on job applications. I know I'm a beautiful person, blah blah blah, but when I apply for jobs I feel my self worth slip out the window. I'm left with a shell of myself, whispering negative thoughts as I try to sell myself to the stranger reading my application out of thousands of others.  

Goal for today: practice self love.

And with that it's time to stop fooling around and work on my resume. 


Thanks for reading and Much Love, 
Andi

No comments:

Post a Comment